Web Hosting and E-mail Management
- Key-card protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to every one of our data centers.
- Only authorized data center personnel are granted access credentials to our data centers. No one else can enter the production area of the datacenter without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before they're hired.
- Every data center's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in our data centers are circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants.
- Our advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
- All cables are securely tied down with cable racks suspended from ceilings, providing dual routes for all cables.
- Should a total utility power outage ever occur, all of our data centers' power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- Our UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment is used in Rackspace data centers.
- All routing equipment is housed in a secured core routing room and fed by its own redundant power supply.
- Fiber carriers can only enter our data centers at disparate points to guard against service failure.
- We require that the networking and security teams working in our data centers be certified. We also require that they be thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise level networks.
- Our Certified Network Technicians are trained to the highest industry standards.